The Brainchild of Miranda Lane

Monday, April 23, 2007

Discrimination? You BET!

For years when I used to have a "real job" I always knew that I was making less money than any of my male counterparts who weren't shouldering nearly as much of the workload. A new study indicates that the pay gap between men and women happens as soon as they enter the workforce right after college graduation and still exists even when you compare male and female employees in the same fields. Women still make less than men despite the fact that they outperform men in college. That's discrimination all right. If they have the same experience, the same job... why are they paying the better student less? Because she's a woman.

Yet another reason I am grateful I exited that particular workforce long ago. I got sick of the game. Or, rather, the game made me sick.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home