The Brainchild of Miranda Lane

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm not the next Maytag spokesperson

Because I'm a woman.

Yes, they are searching for the Next Maytag Repairman.

But in answer to the question Is there a chance the next Maytag Repairman will be a woman? here's what their website FAQ answer is:

No. We researched the idea of a Maytag Repairwoman within our base of loyal Maytag customers and determined that, for now, it is important to stay true to the gender of the character as he has become known in American pop culture.

Well, it is merely a marketing campaign, and yes, it's part of the business - being rejected for any number of reasons I can't control: my gender, my color, my height.

But darn, I think I would make a great Maytag spokeswoman!

You know what this means, though? It just means that there's another gig I'm meant to have instead of this one. Eh, I'm already booked when they are holding auditions in NYC anyways.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home