The Brainchild of Miranda Lane

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Murders at home

On the AC360 blog today, Randy Kaye mentions that there have been 58 murders so far in New Orleans.

As of this morning, there have been 110 homicides in Philadelphia. The latest victim is a woman about my age shot in North Philadelphia, not too far from where I work at Temple University Medical School.

Violence is everywhere.

Today here in Pottstown, they laid a slain FBI agent to rest. Barry Lee Bush was killed in the line of duty during a bank robbery in Readington Township, New Jersey. I remember when the story broke, because I recognize the location as I drive past it on I-78 on my way to NYC in central NJ. I didn't know he was from Pottstown until I heard the radio stories of his funeral today. It was held at the Hill School to accomidate the crowd. There were numerous cop cars from NJ parked on High Street this afternoon as I drove to the Post Office.

Though I believe I first saw the story on CNN when the agent was killed, I doubt I will see a story about it tonight on the national news. It seems they will be live from NOLA tonight on AC360, focusing on the situation there. I'm sure it's bad and at least it's not Anna Nicole (though her death was the top story the last time they were there) or Don Imus. However, things are bad here locally too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home